WANT TO HOST AN EVENT? – THE COUNCIL CAN HELP AT NO CHARGE!
Hosting an event is a relationship-building experience whereby the Council can work with you to invite leaders from suitable target organizations to your premises to meet, share ideas and network in a relaxed setting.
What’s in it for you?
Generally speaking, most events will have the following goals:
- To raise the profile of the sponsoring organization (you);
- To show your organization and its staff as an equal with others attending/participating;
- To provide a forum for business owners to get to know one another and – most importantly – for the attendees to learn about your organization and the value that it represents;
- To increase the understanding of the activities of other participants;
- To generate ideas and learn from the success of others; and
- To generate follow-on contacts, long lasting relationships and additional referrals
When you plan an event, you’re suddenly transformed into a business leader in the community. You’re responsible for bringing entrepreneurs together to talk shop, and only a leader does that.
And if you host a great event you’ll be seen as a leader and an authority in your community. Plus, you can’t beat the exposure. People often talk about great events they’ve attended, and that means the benefits extend well beyond the event itself.
How the Council can help
The Council will help you create, design, organize, promote and otherwise administratively assist in managing the event. Council staff can create an approved invitation list, design and send the email invitations, make follow-up calls to those invited and manage the RSVP list (if required).
Council staff can also help to invite / arrange external speakers, representatives of government agencies and the media if this is relevant to your event type.
 Provided your audience uses English as its first language